EPA and CARE provide carpet recycling award
The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the Carpet
American Recovery Effort (CARE) will honor the organization, team or
individual that has pursued and demonstrated innovative solutions or
processes that have positively impacted carpet recycling.
The CARE Innovations in Carpet Recycling Award will be presented in May
of 2008 at CARE’s 6th Annual Conference in Clearwater Beach, Florida.
Nominations may be submitted for innovations in carpet recycling with
work done within the United States.
Award criteria include:
- Work must involve the recycle and/or reuse of post-consumer carpet;
- Post-consumer carpet must represent at least 10% of product’s
total recycled pounds;
- Post-consumer carpet used must be derived from the United States;
- Concept must have been demonstrated commercially within the past
- Concept must be capable of substantial impact to landfill diversion
of post-consumer carpet;
Submissions deadline is March 3, 2008. Nominations and supporting materials
must be submitted electronically to www.carpetrecovery.org.