$50,000 in grants awarded in KAB sponsored program
Six Keep America Beautiful (KAB) affiliates
were selected from a nationwide field of nearly 40 entries for
the Keep America Beautiful/Anheuser-Busch Environmental Grant
The grants awarded $50,000 in total to programs sponsored by
the following KAB affiliates: Keep Casper Beautiful, Casper,
Wyoming; Keep Nassau Beautiful, Fernandina Beach, Florida, Keep
West Baton Rouge Beautiful, Port Allen, Louisiana; Keep Palm
Beach County Beautiful (West Palm Beach, Florida; Keep Pennsylvania
Beautiful – Southwest, Greensburg, Pennsylvania and Keep Phoenix
Beautiful, Phoenix, Arizona.
The grant applicants were matched up with their local Anheuser-Busch
wholesalers to support a variety of environmental programs, including
increasing awareness of the need to recycle beverage containers
and providing infrastructure to do so.
The grants will help support the following programs:
- Keep Casper Beautiful/Casper Beverage – Platte River Revival
- Keep Nassau Beautiful/North Florida Sales – Fernandina
Beach Park Recycling Program.
- Keep West Baton Rouge Beautiful/Mockler Beverage Company
– Don’t Crawfish Backward, Recycle Forward Program.
- Keep Palm Beach County Beautiful/Brown Distributing Company
– Boaters Recycling Program.
- Keep Pennsylvania Beautiful - Southwest Fuhrer Wholesale
– Illegal Dump Cleanups in Washington County, Pennsylvania.
- Keep Phoenix Beautiful/Hensley Beverage Company – Special
Event Recycling Program.