chooses new board and officers
R. Joseph Stratman, executive vice president,
Nucor Corp., Charlotte, North Carolina, has been appointed president
of the Association for Iron & Steel Technology (AIST) for
2011–2012. He succeeds past president William P. Breedlove.
AIST announces its new executive committee and board of directors
during AISTech 2011, the organization’s annual conference and
Also appointed as officers were:
- First vice president – Kent D. Peaslee, F. Kenneth Iverson,
steelmaking chair, Missouri University of Science & Technology,
- Second vice president – Terry G. Fedor II, vice president
– metallics, Cliffs Natural Resources, Cleveland, Ohio.
- Past president: William P. Breedlove, executive vice president,
marketing and business development, Harsco Metals and Minerals,
Seven Fields, Pennsylvania.
- Officer-at-large – Glenn A. Pushis, vice president and
general manager, Steel Dynamics Inc. – Flat Roll Division, Butler,
- Officer-at-large: Michael D. Garcia, senior vice president,
manufacturing and supply chain, Evraz Inc. NA, Portland, Oregon.
- Officer-at-large – George J. Koenig, president, Berry Metal
Co., Harmony, Pennsylvania.
- Treasurer – William C. King, II, assistant corporate controller,
United States Steel Corporation, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.