production reported to be up from last month
The American Forest & Paper Association
released its March 2011 United States Containerboard Statistics
Containerboard production rose compared to February 2011, with
month over month average daily production up 0.8 percent. The
containerboard operating rate for March 2011 was up 0.5 points
over March 2010 to 94.1 percent.
Additional key findings include:
- Linerboard production increases over last year.
- Medium production rose over March 2010.
The March 2011 Kraft Paper Sector Report showed total Kraft paper
shipments were 140.1 thousand tons, an increase of 2.1 percent
compared to March 2010, and up 12.9 percent when compared to
February 2011. Total inventory was 70.1 thousand tons.
Additional key findings from the report include:
- Total Unbleached Kraft shipments increased over same month
- Total Bleached Kraft shipments fell compared to March 2010.
The Paperboard Report showed total boxboard production increased
by 2.2 percent compared to March 2010, and increased 11.1 percent
from last month.
Additional key findings in this report:
- Unbleached Kraft Folding production increased over the
same month last year and last month
- Recycled Folding production increased over last month
- Inventory of Solid Bleached Kraft Paperboard rose slightly