May 2011 United States paper reports
The American Forest & Paper Association
released its May 2011 United States paper reports. Containerboard
production rose when compared to April 2011, with month over
month average daily production up 0.3 percent. The containerboard
operating rate for May 2011 was down 1.5 points over May 2010
to 93.8 percent.
Additional key findings from the report include:
- Linerboard production decreases over last year.
- Medium production rose slightly over May 2010.
The paperboard report indicated that total boxboard production
decreased by 1.5 percent compared to May 2010, but increased
1.0 percent from last month.
Additional key findings in the paperboard report:
- Unbleached Kraft Folding production increased over the
same month last year, and increased over last month.
- Solid Bleached Boxboard and Liner production decreased
over May 2010.
- The production of Recycled Folding decreased compared to
May 2010, but increased when compared to last month.
- Inventory of Solid Bleached Kraft Paperboard fell in May.