Asphalt industry leaders honored
The National Asphalt Pavement Association honored the winners and finalists of its 2012 Operational Excellence Awards.
The Operational Excellence Awards honor leaders in the asphalt pavement industry for innovation and excellence in marketing, communications and community outreach with the Community Involvement, Outstanding Brochure and Outstanding Website Awards. Companies also are lauded for their responsible practices with the Asphalt Operations Safety Innovations and Ecological Awards.
The 2012 winners are:
Asphalt Operations Safety Innovations Award: The Lane Construction Corp., Cheshire, Connecticut.
- Community Involvement Award: MeadWestvaco Corp., North Charleston, South Carolina.
- Community Involvement Award: Tilcon New York Inc., Oldcastle Materials Co., Wharton, New Jersey.
- Ecological Award (New Plant): Lakeside Industries, Lacey, Washington.
- Ecological Award (New Plant): Tilcon New York, an Oldcastle Materials Co., Wharton, New Jersey, for Keasbey Asphalt Plant.
- Ecological Award (Existing Plant): Payne & Dolan Inc., Vienna, Wisconsin, for Vienna Control #6 Plant.
Ecological Award (Existing Plant): S.T. Wooten Corp., Wilson, North Carolina, for Wilmington Asphalt Plant.
- Outstanding Brochure Award: Commercial Asphalt Co., Maple Grove, Minnesota and APAC Mid-South Inc., Oldcastle Materials Co., Birmingham, Alabama.
- Outstanding Website Award (Producer Member): Superior Paving, Gainesville, Virginia, for www.superiorpaving.net.
- Outstanding Website Award (Associate Member): Gray & Son Inc., Timonium, Maryland, for www.graynson.com.
- Outstanding Website Award (State Asphalt Pavement Association): Flexible Pavements of Ohio for www.flexiblepavements.org.