awarded e-Stewards Certification for sustainable electronics
CloudBlue Technologies, Inc., a provider of
e-waste management services has received the e-Stewards Certification
by the Basel Action Network (BAN) for its six processing facilities
in Alpharetta, Georgia, Chandler, Arizona, Indianapolis, Indiana,
Joliet, Illinois, Pine Brook, New Jersey, and Sterling, Virginia.
The e-Stewards Certification is the world’s most rigorous independent
e-waste certification program and is awarded only to e-waste
providers who pass an extensive independent audit process.
By achieving the certification, CloudBlue has demonstrated that
the company’s e-waste management services meet and exceed the
complete list of e-Stewards regulations. Certified e-Stewards
- Prohibition of toxic waste disposed of in solid waste landfills.
- Full compliance with international hazardous waste treaties.
- Social accountability ensuring fair labor practices, including
elimination of prison labor in the recycling of toxic and data-sensitive
- Extensive baseline protections for recycling workings in
every country worldwide.
- A certified Environmental Management System (EMS) for maintaining
environmental and occupational health and safety policies.
- Strict management of downstream vendors to promote compliance
throughout the recycling chain.
- Reporting of all incoming and outgoing weights through
Mass Balance Accounting (MBA) policies to ensure accountability
and visibility of all e-waste received and processed.
In addition to e-Stewards operations requirements, CloudBlue
ensures complete transparency for customers while managing all
logistics of IT asset disposal from pick-up to recycling or refurbishing.
Customers are able to track each item online and receive a comprehensive
audit detailing the process and end result of all equipment.
Its distributed operations model and exclusive-use trucks limit
transportation between pickup and processing locations.