CDRA award nominations being accepted
Nomination forms for the Construction & Demolition Recycling Association’s (CDRA) Awards Program are now available on the association’s website at www.cdrecycling.org. The awards will be announced March 5 in Las Vegas.
A C&D Recycling Hall of Fame is part of the CDRA program. Introduced last year, the Hall honors those individuals whose careers have best served the industry and the CDRA. Recyclers and vendors are eligible for the reward. Last year’s four inductees were Mason Brown, Big City Crushed Concrete; Anthony Lomangino, Sun Recycling; Bill Guptail, General Kinematics; and Lou Sanzaro, Ocean City Remanufacturing.
Another award the CDRA bestows is C&D Recycler of the Year. This recognizes the individual or company that exemplifies excellence in the C&D industry. One other award is the CDRA Member of the Year, give to the board member or committee member who most serves the association in the previous year.
Nominations will be reviewed and winners determined by a committee of CDRA. Entries are due by February 3, 2014, and can be sent via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
C&D Recycling Hall of Fame
This institution is to honor those prominent leaders and pioneers in the construction and demolition recycling industry who have made an extraordinary contribution to the industry and who have earned the respect of the industry. Additionally to honor those who have made an extraordinary contribution to their community, both personally and professionally.
Candidates for the Hall of Fame:
1. Must exemplify leadership; defined as outstanding and enduring contributions to the success of the industry and to improving the processes, efficiencies and/or the human relations of the industry in an active capacity for a minimum of 10 years.
2. Business actions and personal behavior should demonstrate courageous thinking and actions as well as vision and innovation.
3. Candidates can come from the industry as an owner, operator or vendor.
The Recycler of the Year is meant to honor those recycling operations in the construction and demolition recycling industry who have made an extraordinary contribution to the industry through the one or more of the following criteria:
- Advancing business operations that result in increased recycling percentages.
- Developing novel methods of marketing and conducting business.
- Innovative practices in employer-employee relations.
- Ensuring safer operations.
- Protecting the environment.
- Developing industry standards.
The Member of the Year will be selected based on extraordinary service to the mission of the organization and the C&D Recycling industry during the previous 12-month period.
Candidates must exemplify leadership; defined as outstanding and enduring contributions to the success of the Association and to lending quantifiable contributions to association.
They must either serve on a committee or the board of directors.