New Jersey DEP recognizes recycling
New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection
(EPA) announced the recipients of 10 recycling awards for their
efforts to boost recycling in the state during the past year. The
awards were presented at the 26th New Jersey Recycling Symposium
and Awards Luncheon held in Eatontown.
Twelve New Jersey students in the 4th, 5th and
6th grades also received poetry awards as part of DEP’s recycling
poetry contest. Every year, DEP co-sponsors the symposium with the
Association of New Jersey Recyclers.
The 2006 award recipients are listed below, along
with link to additional information and poetry contest winners.
- Institution Category Award Recipient: Princeton University
Plasma Physics Laboratory.
- Business Category Award Recipient: Toyota Logistics Services,
- Government Category Award Recipient: Borough of Fair Lawn.
- Rising Star Award Recipient: Franz Adler, Recycling Coordinator,
City of Margate.
- Recycling Industry Award Recipient: Global Recycling Solutions.
- Retail Merchant Award Recipient: Whole Foods Market.
- Leadership Award Recipient: Joseph Fallon, Fort Monmouth.
- Educator/Educational Program Award Recipient: Jeanette Rea-Keywood.
- Source Reduction/Resource Management Award Recipient: New Jersey
- Drop-Off/Depot Location Award Recipient: Burlington Township.